Thursday, July 20, 2017

Happy Thursday, everyone!!!

Well, I've finally somewhat recovered from my very first craft show in about 30 years and it was fantastic!!
The church people who put on the fair were awesome people and they worked hard to make the event a success. This was only their third year doing it and their attendance was up. They had so much for the community it was amazing that more people didn't show up. First of all, they had TWO separate food vendors offering free food to everyone. Admission was free, and the two food trucks were free. Amazing in itself, then the balloon animal guy was free, the face painter was free, the raffle was free. Snow cones and cotton candy....FREE.

More about this raffle. Free raffles often mean that the stuff you are getting isn't that great; not so in this case. Two of the items were 32" Smart TVs and one was a 55" Smart TV!! Stampin' Up had also sent a basket with $250 worth of current product to be given to ONE recipient. There were gifts from Adventure City (a local water park) and so many other vendors. Jewelry gifts and gift bags from the local Body Shop (a lotion store) were other top prizes. What really surprised me was they had a separate raffle for the kids. Filled with kid-friendly stuff...games, toys, bubbles, tickets to LegoLand and Princess Parties. Simply amazing. All free.

There were about 12 vendors there so they still need to get the word out so next year more will come. The local fire department came and brought their big engine to show the kids and the local CHP officers came out to show their support. There was a jumpy house for the kids and a few other game set ups for them to enjoy.

Everyone who came to our booth bought something except for the people who did not have cash. They all mentioned wanting to buy a lot but only having credit cards...there were enough of them that I went ahead and ordered one of the "Square" point of sale devices for my iPad so next time I will be prepared.

I also got a few really good leads on people who were interested in becoming demonstrators. As you all know, I'm working really hard on earning my Silver Elite promotion and need more recruits. This month is a fantastic month to become a demonstrator simply because besides the regular start up kit (only $99 for $125 worth of product!) Stampin' Up is  giving away FREE $72 worth of an 'essential accessory kit.' Lots of stuff you will need as a new demonstrator anyway but don't have to use up your allotment to get...such a great offer from Stampin' Up!! Plus they will give you for free, the brand new, exclusive stamp set, "Carols of Christmas." I just ordered the Carols of Christmas bundle and I am looking forward to sharing my creations with you all.

Now for today I'm off and running. Going to Chelsea's to see her new place in Long Beach and little Kiera spent the night last night. Finishing up the rest of my new recipes "Lemon Sugar Scrub" and labeling all the little mini mason jars. So cute!!! Then finishing up the two swaps I'm part of that need to be at their destination by July 31. Oh and tomorrow is my Auntie's 90'th birthday....busy week!!!

Take care and leave me a comment...I want to know what you guys are up to as well!

Deb
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment