Saturday, July 29, 2017

The last days of July are upon us!

Who knew that this month would fly by so quickly? I always think of summer as going by so slowly but here it is, July 29 already! In no time at all the kids will be back in school, all semblance of summer vacations will be over, and the Fall season will be imminent!

Who loves Fall as much as I do? The colors, the sentiments, the holidays, the family get togethers? So much going on. Harvest festivals, craft fairs, pumpkin patches!

It must be my favorite time of year. Except for Christmas time, of course!

Last night I was having some trouble with my uploading process for my videos. I have learned all the online tutorials that I can find on iMovie but I'm still missing something. My videos are taking FOR-EVER to upload. Like hours. That can't be right. They aren't that long....well, sure...some are about 24 minutes and granted, that is a long video. But it shouldn't take 2 hours to upload. If you have any insight on this, please let me know...it is driving me crazy! lol

The two videos finally got uploaded properly, and then when I woke up this morning I found out it had been trying to upload one of them twice (which it did) so maybe this time it was extra slow because I had hit the "upload" button too many times and it was doing too many things at once? Not sure...still it is frustrating.

Speaking of internets, we are changing over from Spectrum to FIOS in a couple of weeks. Well, we already switched but couldn't get the FIOS installed till 8-16 due to their busy schedule. I'm hoping by using FIOS our internet speed will be much more constant than it currently is with our Spectrum where we rarely get our ordered speed of 100 mms. According to my computer it is closer to 35-50 mms and it feels bad to pay for a certain speed and get something far inferior most of the time. I found out it is because Spectrum allows neighbors to 'share' the speed factor and it will depend on how much others in my area are using the internet at the time. FIOS said they don't do that, plus they are fiber optic so it should make my speed constant. I sure hope so.

What are you up to today?

I have Kiera here (she called about 7 pm last night and wanted to spend the night!!) so she and I will do some crafty things today when she gets up. Maybe I can make a video with her, she wanted to make a Mermaid card like I did yesterday. She saw my video about Magical Mermaid and now she wants to do it so bad...she is dying to try the sponge technique!

Only six years old and wants to sponge on a background! What a cutie pie.

Ok I will go get my coffee for now, I obviously need it. Be back later with some new pictures of projects for you guys!

Deb
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment