Wednesday, August 30, 2017

The Craft Fair was a Success!!

We are finally recovered from our Craft Fair this past Saturday and boy, was it a ToN of FuN!

This was the Lomita Railroad Museum's 30'th craft fair so they know what they are doing for sure. There were lots of vendors and even more fair customers strolling around checking out all the cool stuff for sale. We were the ONLY handmade card vendor there, I'm happy to report! One other lady was there who made handmade stationary but she carved out blocks from soap and used those to make designs so not anything like what we had to offer.

Biggest sellers for me were the Lemon Sugar Scrub, Friendship Tea, Mini Coffee Cup/Gift card Holders filled with candy, Handmade Goats Milk Soap, and the Handmade cards, of course.

I introduced my new Birthday Club and had a sign up sheet for new people to join up. In my Birthday Club if the customers choose to they can leave me their current mailing address along with the month and day of their birth and I will send them a handmade birthday card within 7 days of their birthday! Snail mail is FUN!!! Who doesn't want to get a card in the mail? The bonus is that they MIGHT even get a certificate for $10-$20 off one of my current online card classes. That is a wonderful deal and I hope some of the lucky recipients take advantage of my offer and snap that up should they receive it.

There was also a spot on the sign up sheet to see if they were interested in joining my team or even holding their own workshop and I got a couple of "yes" boxes checked off!! So that's what I've been doing this week is following up on my leads. The whole reason I go to craft fairs is to meet new people and possibly new customers and team members. The added benefit of making stuff and using Stampin' Up product to wrap it or stamp it is just a pleasant side effect!

The new banner (approved by Stampin' Up) looked GREAT and got a lot of attention and the cheaper banner that just said my name and "Join My Team" got some attention as well. This fair I was far happier with my overall look and set up. Though it started to look a little thin as the day wore on because I was running out of stuff!  Good problems to have, right?

A highlight was the way my whole family came together to help me...except Chelsea who had to work. Aaron and Fion with Kiera and Sawyer were there from the start to help set up and they hung out all day with me talking to people and helping them with their selections. Richard, who was on night shift, STAYED AWAKE to follow me to the fair and set me up, he hung around and just got a short nap during the day at some point in his truck. Talk about a devoted hubby...that is Richard for sure!! I am so lucky to have him.

Here are a few pictures of the set up and the products. Tell me what you think!!











 Well, that is a pretty good sampling of all my wares for that day. As I've said, my biggest happiness and accomplishment came from meeting new people and getting 3 pages of sign ups on my new Birthday Club. I am exciting for these new people to join my Fancy Stamper group and can't wait to get to know them all.

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!
Deb
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hey baby! Everything looks so great ! Congrats! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your continued support, Alexa! You really know how to make your friends feel good... <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete