Monday, September 18, 2017

Happy Monday!

Had a great (if busy) weekend and somehow those just keep blending together, don't they? It is amazing how much you can get done in a two-day period if you time it just right!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend too, and got some well-needed downtime. If you have a regular Monday-Friday type of job, the weekend is something to look forward to just for the R & R. Some of us don't hold with too much of that first R, though!! :)

Since our son is out of town for a few days we took our grandkids for Friday and Saturday to make things a bit easier on our daughter in law (and also to spend that quality time with them of course!!) and we had a great time. We didn't actually go anywhere special, it was just nice spending time alone with them. We took them shopping (they are strange creatures and LOVE to shop!!) so that was a blast, and topped off our  needed shopping items with a mini spree at the .99 store for some Halloween decorations that we allowed them to (mostly) choose so we could decorate the front yard. Then of course since it was the .99 store, they were each allowed to choose an item for themselves, and home we went.

The yard came out great and we still need one or two items to finish it completely but then there will be pictures! I'll remind everyone when I post those pictures who decorated. :)

On the craft front, I've been busy designing new card classes and different card designs for Fall and Winter. Our weather literally changed in a day, and we are now in the cool and chilly Fall weather that I love so much.

On a side note (though it is a huge part of my life these days) my husband and I both started a new health program about 10 days ago and we are both feeling WONDERFUL!! After years of lugging around those extra pounds (I've got way more than he does!) we are already seeing results. I've been so happy with the program that I became a health coach as well so I can help others on their journey to better health; which for some of us begins with losing a few (or more) pounds. I won't talk a lot about it here but just know that at the end of our first 7 days I'd lost 20.5 pounds and hubby lost 13.5 pounds. By eating every 2-3 hours!!! I'll say no more (this is, after all, my crafty blog!) but if you want more info just comment and I'll help you out. Leave me an email or way I can text or PM you on Facebook. PM on Facebook is most successful for me but it is up to you. :)

Let's see some pics of recent creations!  If you check my YouTube site I have tutorials on how to make these cute cards!
 The first one is the one I linked in my YouTube (just above) it is a decidedly "Fall" design card using the new technique I learned called "eclipse" which refers to the letters. Very easy to do (once you know how) and makes for a nice looking card!
 Another super simple but beautiful Fall themed card using "Count My Blessings" stamp set from our new Holiday catalog. Also uses some new designer series paper from the Holiday catalog. If you didn't yet receive your Holiday catalog please let me know and I'll mail one out to you asap!!
Lastly, we have a Christmas themed card made from "Merry Patterns" stamp set. This is actually a FREE stamp set you would receive when you have either a qualifying workshop OR your own individual order. Let me know if you like it and I can tell you how to earn it for free! It is not for sale and is only going to be available for a limited time per Stampin' Up. I love this set and its versatility. I've already made tons of cards from the set and looking forward to making more to show you!

On that note I will begin my Monday. I truly hope you all are doing well and enjoying the beginning of Fall like I am! Will talk to you again real soon!

Hugs!
Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment